👋 Getting Started
You will require to have a web3 wallet connected to the blockchain of your choice to be able to interact with any web3 dApp including Unick.io dApps. Please see below a quick guide on how to complete this task.
A web3 wallet is a digital wallet that allows users to securely store, manage and interact with their cryptocurrencies and other digital assets (e.g NFTs) on the decentralized web (Web3).
Here are the general steps to install a web3 wallet browser extension:
- Open your preferred web browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc.).
- Go to the browser extension store (e.g. Chrome Web Store for Google Chrome).
- Search for the web3 wallet extension you want to install (e.g. MetaMask (opens in a new tab), Coinbase Wallet (opens in a new tab) etc.).
- Click on the "Add to Chrome/Firefox" button or similar.
- A pop-up window may appear, click on "Add Extension" or similar.
- Wait for the extension to finish installing.
- Once the extension is installed, a new icon will appear in your browser's toolbar.
- Click on the extension icon to set up your wallet by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: The specific steps may vary slightly depending on the web browser and extension you choose to install. We recommend using a MetaMask (opens in a new tab) wallet extension.
Here are the simple steps to connect a wallet to our dApp using the "Connect Wallet" button:
- Open the Web3 dApp in your web browser.
- Look for the "Connect Wallet" button in top right corner of any Unick dApp
- Click on the "Connect Wallet" button.
- A pop-up window will appear, showing a list of supported wallets.
- Select the wallet you want to connect (e.g. MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet).
- If you haven't installed the wallet extension yet, follow the instructions above to install it.
- Once the wallet is installed and connected, you may need to unlock it by entering your password or passphrase.
Unick dApp should now be connected to your wallet, and you can interact with it using your wallet's features.
Unick marketplace is a multi-chain venture and currently supports Ethereum, Arbitrum, Polygon, Optimism and Goerli testnet. You can add all of the above to your web3 wallet. We recommend chainlist (opens in a new tab) to do so.